Headlines

LIVERPOOL READY £130M BID FOR ISAK! Liverpool will submit £130M within 24h for Alexander Isak. Isak ONLY wants #LFC ❤️ With Woltemade signed, Newcastle’s door is open! Huge last days ahead. ⏳⚡ — Lucas | Follow @sportsatitbest for every transfer twist ⚽

Liverpool Set to Table £130m Bid for Alexander Isak as Newcastle Tensions Rise

Liverpool are preparing a British record-breaking bid for Alexander Isak, with the transfer saga intensifying just days before the summer window closes.

Sources have confirmed that an offer worth around £130m is expected this weekend, edging closer to Newcastle’s £150m valuation. The Sweden striker has told the club he wants to leave, and developments in the past 24 hours suggest that Liverpool are ready to push harder to land their long-term target.

Newcastle Line Up Replacements

Eddie Howe is already planning for life after Isak, with Newcastle agreeing a £69.2m deal for Stuttgart forward Nick Woltemade. The Magpies are also eyeing further attacking reinforcements, including Wolverhampton’s Jørgen Strand Larsen and Brentford’s Yoane Wissa.

Isak’s future has been uncertain since Newcastle rejected a £110m bid earlier this month, insisting they did not want to sell. However, the forward has since been training away from the first team, and his ongoing row with the club has grown increasingly bitter.

Fans Turn on Isak

Supporters displayed banners against Isak during Newcastle’s recent clash with Liverpool, accusing the 25-year-old of betraying the club just months after firing them to their first domestic trophy in 70 years and back into the Champions League.

The striker has publicly accused Newcastle of breaking promises about allowing him to leave, with senior figures even visiting his home earlier this week in an unsuccessful attempt to resolve the standoff.

Liverpool’s Ambition

Liverpool’s interest in Isak is longstanding. The Reds, who beat Newcastle to the signing of Hugo Ekitike earlier this summer and also added Florian Wirtz, are determined to strengthen their attacking options as they defend their Premier League crown.

While Liverpool have publicly maintained they may not increase their bid, insiders expect a breakthrough before Monday’s deadline.

Howe Denies “Promise” Claims

Howe, speaking on Friday, dismissed Isak’s claims that he was guaranteed a move once Newcastle signed a replacement.

“Absolutely not,” Howe said. “I never make promises regarding transfers — I’m not in control of the whole thing. I would never make a promise like that to any player.”

Asked if he wanted Isak to stay, Howe admitted the player’s refusal to play has complicated matters:

“Of course I have a footballing preference, but you have to take everything into account. I’m letting the situation run its course.”

With Woltemade’s arrival imminent and negotiations ongoing, the question now is whether Newcastle will finally sanction Isak’s departure — or if Liverpool’s record bid still won’t be enough.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *